We are assuming Sridevi left some of you gasping for more! Well if she couldn't we are absolutely not apologetic, as we present the second season of our favorite Bollywood rain songs of the medieval ages (yeah yeah not exactly historically correct!)
1. Rim Jhim Rim Jhim this haunting melody from RD Burman's last album 1942 A Love Story opens the charts with a romantic theme. Anil Kapoor and the finest specimen of Nepali beauty Manisha Koirala add spell binding chemistry to this extraordinary number.
2. Tip tip barsa paani - No other song of this era can claim to have sent testosterone levels of the entire nation soaring as this hot number from the movie Mohra. Akshay Kumar (Rajesh Khanna's son in law has probably starred in the most number of rain songs in Bollywood :D) and Raveena Tandon cemented their place as the hottest on screen pair with this titillating song.
3. Mere khwabo mein jo aaye from the iconic movie Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jaayenge is etched as fresh as the morning dew in the minds of boys growing up in the 90s. Kajol announced her arrival on the Bollywood scene with this peppy number.
4. Aankhon se tune ye from the action flick Ghulam catapulted Kajol's cousin Rani Mukherjee to instant stardom alongside superstar Aamir Khan.
5. Jo haal dil ka from Sarfarosh allowed Aamir Khan to up the ante to another level altogether with the gorgeous Sonali Bendre in tow. One of the best Bollywood rain songs of all times we reckon.
6. Saawan barse tarse dil a beautiful romantic ballad from the movie Dahek featuring the spellbinding Sonali Bendre and Akshaye Khanna brought back memories of yesteryear's with its delicate touch.
7. Taal se Taal mila the title track of the movie Taal featuring Aishwarya Rai and Akshaye Khanna deserves special mention in this countdown.
8. Boondon se baatein - this song from the movie Thakshak featuring Tabu is enchanting to say the least. A R Rahman casts a spell with this composition.
9. Chak Dhoom Dhoom is a catchy song from the movie Dil to Pagal Hai starring superstar Shah Rukh Khan and the longest reigning Queen of Bollywood Madhuri Dixit in what seems to be their only rain dance number together.
10. Kuch Kuch Hota Hai's title song featuring one of the most successful onscreen couples ever of Bollywood, Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol wraps up the middle ages countdown of great rain songs.
Hope the medieval ages brought back fond memories of the rains and romance to our readers.
The final act featuring rain dances of the modern era is coming up soon so keep visiting apnu ahmedabad.
Do check out the other lists for a refresher course:
Do drop in a few lines if we forgot mentioning any of your favourites or if you have some interesting trivia to add.
Until then let the monsoon magic continue!